Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Humbled







My son Scott and his wife Brandi, along with Brandi's brother Adam and his wife Lisa, put together the 2ND Annual Golf Outing for Laura last Saturday. Laura has Stage IV neuroblastoma and travels to New York Sloan Kettering for her treatments,3 month scans and bone marrow biopsies. She is in remission right now and is HAMA positive and can not get the one and only treatment in NY that put her in remission. Over the last couple of weeks I have been working on a project that, in my opinion, no one should ever have to work on. I decided to make a poster showing Neuroblastoma children. I have a very very long list of children who are angels, in treatment, and in remission. I sent emails asking if I could use a picture of these children and never thought I would receive many OKs. Was I surprised!!!! I received so many responses that my one poster turned to three posters!!!! I was so humbled by the notes of appreciation for my effort. My friends daughter Sarah helped me with the posters and spent the day with me helping at the outing. Thank you Lisa for sharing your wonderful daughter with me. I also had the pleasure to meet another NB mom, Terri and her son Jeremy. Also, Cathy was able to ride with Terri and bring her son Ryan. And another special guest, Grandpa John and his wife Lydia came to visit as well. Grandpa John runs marathons to raise money for NB. Grandpa John got right down on the ground with the children and I and played Duck Duck Goose!!! I think we giggled more than the kids. You should visit his blog: runningforthecure.blogspot.com. I am so humbled by the love that is shown to our family. What better way is there to spend the day being just the grandma!!!

3 comments:

The Walker's said...

I have read about many children on care page since hearing of little Maddie, I had never heard of neuroblastoma. Since, I have been shocked by the number of children stricken with it. I have read Lille Boyt, Marissa Monroe, Cody Edwards, Sydney Sims, and of course little Maddie's carepage. I wish you and your family luck, and I will pray for you and that precious grandchild. I have written Oprah's show and others to try and raise awareness of this disease, awareness is the key to support a cure. Maddie's carepage is 'Maddiessickbug' her mother is Elizabeth. Please keep in touch and I will look up your baby too.

The Walker's said...

I am humbled as well after reading your blog and Laura's carepage. I think God blesses us by putting certain people in our path and I feel that way about being able to pray for your little Laura. Bless all of you, and many thanks for sharing your blessings with me.

Deqlan said...

what a stunning surprise to see Deqlans picture ! Bless you for all you do for finding the cure ! You are an angel! God Bless, Love Samm & Deqlan